1、What is HPMC?
（1）HPMC or Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (INN name: Hypromellose), also simplified as hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), is a kind of non-ionic cellulose mixed ether. It is a semi-synthetic, inactive, viscoelastic polymer. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is widely used in construction, food, medicine, and other industries.
HPMC CAS : No. 004-65-3
Molecular weight: 86000.00000
Appearance and Properties: White or quasi-white fibrous or granular powder
Density: 1.39 g/ cm³
Solubility: Almost insoluble in absolute ethanol, ether, and acetone; swelling in cold
water into a clear or slightly turbid colloidal solution
Stability: Solids are flammable and incompatible with strong oxidants.
Appearance: White or similar white powder.
Particle size; 100 mesh pass rate is more than 98.5%; 80 mesh pass rate is 100%. Particle sizes of special specifications ranged from 40 to 60 meshes.
Carbonization temperature: 280-300 ℃
Visual density: 0.25-0.70g/cm (usually about 0.5g/cm), specific gravity 1.26-1.31.
Discoloration temperature: 190-200 ℃
Surface tension: 2% aqueous solution is 42-56 dyn/cm.
Solubility: Soluble in water and some solvents, such as the appropriate proportion of ethanol/water, propanol/water, etc. The aqueous solution has surface activity. With high transparency and stable performance, the gel temperature of different specifications is different, the solubility changes with viscosity, the viscosity is lower and the solubility is greater. The performance of HPMC with different specifications has a certain difference. The dissolution of HPMC in water is not affected by the PH value.
2. HPMC produced by Celotech Chemicals
Celotech is producing and providing different types of HPMC for different fields of applications, generally Celopro HPMC series are consists of 3 types of standard products & several types of modified product.
Celotech offers a wide range of Celopro® construction grades to ensure that for every conceivable situation the right product is available.
Block Laying Adhesive
MK40M FP、MK70M FP、MT4016
Cement Tile Adhesive (CTA)
MK40M FP、MK70M FP、MT4016
Cement One Coat
MH25M FP、MK30M FP
Cement Skim Coat
Gypsum Hand Plaster
3. What is HPMC used for?
(1) Construction industry: As a water-retaining agent and retarder of cement mortar, it makes the mortar pumpable. Use plaster, gypsum, putty powder or other building materials as adhesives to improve the applicability and prolong the operation time. It can be used to paste ceramic tile, marble, plastic decoration, paste reinforcing agent, and reduce the amount of cement. The water-retaining property of HPMC prevents the slurry from cracking due to drying too fast after smearing and enhances the strength.
(2) Ceramic manufacturing industry: widely used as adhesives in the manufacture of ceramic products.h after hardening.
(3) Coatings industry: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the coating industry, it has good solubility in water or organic solvents. As paint remover.
(4) Ink printing: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the ink industry, it has good solubility in water or organic solvents.
(5) Plastics: as forming release agent, softener, lubricant, etc.
(6) Polyvinyl chloride: As dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride, it is the main assistant in the preparation of PVC by suspension polymerization.
(7) Others: This product is also widely used in leather, paper products, fruit and vegetable preservation, and textile industry.