Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC) otherwise known as Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (MHEC) is fast becoming an essential product in the industrial world. And with the recent demand on products globally, many manufacturing companies have embraced modern innovations and technology that have ultimately improved their overall efficiency and gross profit. One of such innovations is the inclusion of the miracle raw material—HEMC, in the manufacturing of their industrial products.
Among other benefits, the industrial application of HEMC by varying industrial sector has been known to significantly improve texture, homogeneity, mechanical efficiency and the shelf life of the products respectively.
For the reason that Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose is one versatile compound, it is expected that its application benefits would vary with respect to the manufactured material. Hence, below are some of these benefits in some selected industrial materials.
A. Tile adhesive
Addition of Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC) ensures the following:
1. Easy and quick homogeneous mixture with no lumps or mass. This is more effective as it saves working time, ultimately improves job quality and saves cost.
2. Better adhesion of material as well as an increased cooling time which in turn leads to improved overall efficiency.
3. Great slip-resistant tile properties
For a water based paint and paint remover, HEMC does wonders in so many ways such as:
1. Increasing the shelf life of paints by making them water resistant
2. Effortless homogeneity –makes the paint easy to mix as it dissolves
3. Perfect finish—with HEMC, the paint would have minimal flow and a great levelling which together would ensure the perfect surface finish.
4. Enhanced viscosity—for paint removers, HEMC is a great viscosity enhancer. This additive ensures the water-based paint remover strictly bonds with the organic solvent and both are held firmly in place in the work area with no run-offs.
C. Flooring material
When it comes to ground levelling, two things are very essential; Viscosity (to ensure proper solidification) and Water retention (to prevent cracks). These factors go a long way to determine the durability and efficiency of the flooring. Fortunately, these are the benefits the HEMC confers on the materials when present.
D. Cement plaster: Addition of HEMC to this product ensures;
1. Easy mixings with no mass, no sagging and great coatings which makes work a lot more efficient and less tedious.
2. High water retention which ensures strong and long lasting solidification without cracks.
3. Smooth cemented surface without air interference between molecules.
E. Masonry mortar: In a Masonry mortar, HEMC helps to;
1. Improve adhesion and water retaining capacity of the mortar which in turn ensures its durability.
2. Enhance lubrication
3. Save time during application
4. Increase efficiency
5. Eliminate cracking and enhance surface quality.
Without a doubt, the inclusion of Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC) into industrial materials has had a profound impact on buildings and constructions and an even greater effect on the profit generated by this industry. From increased shelf lives, to smooth finishes, to reduced costs—HEMC has proven to be a quintessential component of industrial products, one whose importance cannot be overlooked. The Hydroxyethyl Methyl cellulose suppliers are engaging in more modification processes to enhance the features of the HEMC.